The Mauritius variety is the second most common commercially produced lychee in South Florida and is named after the African island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar, where the seedling originated. Mauritius fruit typically ripens several weeks earlier than other varieties and is easily distinguished by the pinkish green skin coloration characteristic of ripe fruit. This fruit has a large seed and produces pulp that is juicy with a spicier, tarter taste. The Mauritius lychee fruit is relatively mid sized with a small seed.
- Mid May thru end of June.
Recommended Shipping Method: “Next Day/Overnight” or “2-Day” shipping needs to be chosen for this item to ensure the freshness.
- As Lychee is a very delicate fruit and to preserve the freshness, we ship all of our Lychees with “Next Day/Overnight” or “2-Day” shipping. This allows YP Farms to stand behind our “Freshness Guarantee”
- YP Farms ships all their lychees with a longer stem and some leaves. This ensures that the lychee will stay fresh longer while in transit.
- Quantities are shipped in approximation. If you require less than the quantities available on the website of any product please contact us directly or place a wholesale order.
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 5-10 LBS: 12 7/8″ X 9 1/4″ X 9″
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 10-20 LBS: 17 1/2″ X 11 3/4″ X 11 5/8″