The Black Sapote is shaped like a tomato. This fruit has a thin and firm rind and its color is shining dark green with brown specs. The fruit flesh is rich, dark brown colored and custard like and is therefore called the “chocolate pudding” fruit. Black sapote’s flesh is rich and custard-like, with a sweet, nut-like mild flavor and when ripe fruit pulp is blended with milk, cream or ice-cream, it tastes a little like chocolate – but without the caffeine or calories.
- December through February.
- Type of Shipment: Ground Shipping (2-7 Days)
- Black Sapote is usually shipped primarily green with some brown spots.
- Quantities are shipped in approximation. If you require less than the quantities available on the website of any product please contact us directly or place a wholesale order.
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 5-10 LBS: 12 7/8″ X 9 1/4″ X 9″
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 10-20 LBS: 17 1/2″ X 11 3/4″ X 11 5/8″